Creative England supports and invests in SME games studios to finance business growth. The UK games industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the economy, and we want to support the development of new products and business expansion in order to help further grow this blossoming industry.
Our support can lead to the creation of new high-quality jobs and intellectual Property (IP). Whatever stage your business is at, if you're developing exciting, high-quality games for commercial release on mobile, console or PC, we have a range of investment options to suit. Simply submit your proposal via the 'Expression of Interest' form below and we'll find the best fit for you.
From revenue share deals to interest-free business loans and equity investments we have a range of finance we can offer to high growth and start-up studios. We make our investments via the Regional Growth Fund (RGF) so we are only able to invest in companies based in the English regions, outside of Greater London. In order to apply for Creative England investment you must fit the following criteria:
- Your games company must be registered in England outside of Greater London
- You should be looking to expand or grow your company via the development of innovative and exciting IP or new products
- You must be able to match Creative England's investment £ for £.
- You must have this private match funding in place - or at least be actively seeking opportunities with other financiers - at the point of application
- Looking to create and safeguard jobs as a result of the investment
If you’re interested in investment from Creative England, your first step should be to complete this initial expression of interest form – we’ll be in touch to talk through your proposal and what we can offer
Read the application guidelines and FAQs below, for further details of our investments.
We'll be in touch!