Gameslab Leeds offers funding and support for games developers and digital companies in the Leeds City Region. Running up to 2019, Creative England are working across the region to deliver;
- £300,000 worth of grants to SME’s
- Mentorship with industry professionals and publishers
- Workshops on marketing, pitching and funding
- Support for new businesses
- Opportunities in emerging tech sectors
- Networking events
To access support throughGameslab Leeds you must be:
- An SME registered at Companies House registered and trading in the Leeds City Region*
- Or a charity operating in the Leeds City Region*
- Or a Sole Trader with a UTR within the Leeds City Region*
- Committed to developing your business and expanding your team
The support provided by GamesLab would provide the stimulus for such companies to develop new work within the region utilising new technologies. We are interested in games, but also projects that utilise similar technology. Please see the guidance documents for more information.
*For the purpose of the GamesLab programme Leeds City Region is defined as Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield, York and North Yorkshire County Council
What support is on offer through the GamesLab programme?
Investments will be awarded between £1,000 - £5,000.
Of course not all problems need to be solved with money, often it's advice and guidance that would be most beneficial. So businesses not receiving funding can still access the support of the GamesLab programme through a series of group masterclasses
These masterclasses may cover (although will not be limited to) the following topics:
- Pivoting your business from a service-based to a product-based model
- Identifying and exploiting your assets and IP Understanding and converting opportunities in emerging tech sectors
- Development planning
- Marketing, building consumer interest and generating sales
- Access to finance, investors, publishers and distributors
What will the programme achieve?
The aim is that businesses supported through the programme:
- Increase the number of staff they employ
- Collaborate / cooperate with research institutions
- Introduce new products to the market and /or Introduce new products to the company
Who will deliver it?
The project will be delivered by Creative England, funded by European Regional Development Funds (ERDF) and supported by Regional Growth Funds (RGF). This fund is specifically for activity within the Leeds City Region as identified by the European Union and the government.
Have any questions? Just get in touch, we'd be happy to help
Sam Rushton, Project Officer: Sam.Rushton@creativeengland.co.uk
Masterclasses will be announced via our e-newsletters and social media accounts so please sign up and follow us