We are not currently accepting applications for Greenshoots at this stage
Please follow us on Twitter for key announcements
The Greenshoots fund offers investments of between £50,000 and £200,000, to be awarded to games companies and SMEs who are creating exciting, innovative games and can demonstrate high growth potential.
As well as investment, companies will gain invaluable support and guidance directly from Microsoft, making Greenshoots a unique opportunity to take their game to the next level. Funding will be awarded for the development and commercial release of new game IP for any platforms, although this must include a dedicated release on Windows 10 on PC and/or Xbox One.
The deadline for applications is Friday 13th January 2017, be sure to apply early for the best chance of becoming part of our list of successful Greenshoots cohorts!
A summary of the programme is below, full details along with information on how to apply, can be found here.
What support is on offer through the Greenshoots programme?
In addition to funding, successful applicants will also receive the following:
- Enrolment to the ID@Xbox Programme for Xbox One Development Kits.
- Access to Windows 10 devices for testing purposes (Subject to availability and at the sole discretion of Microsoft).
- Bespoke technical guidance and support directly from Microsoft.
- Though the Bizspark Microsoft programme all companies selected for the Greenshoots programme will receive select Microsoft tools and services for free. T&Cs can be found here.
- Dedicated marketing support from the team at Xbox.
Are you eligible for support through the programme?
To access support you must:
- Be a games company based in any of the English regions outside of Greater London.
- Have previous, demonstrable game development experience.
- Qualify as an SME and be registered at Companies House.
- Be able to provide £1 for £1 of private match funding to any investment received.
- Have an idea for an innovative new game that can be available for commercial release within approximately 18 months of receiving Creative England funding.
- The Greenshoots programme operates under ‘De Minimis’ State Aid rules. This means a private company cannot receive over €200,000 worth of public sector support granted under ‘De Minimis’, from whatever source in any three year rolling period. As part of the application process, applicants will be asked to list any state aid received so we can check it does not exceed the ‘De Minimis’ threshold. For the avoidance of doubt SEIS investment does contribute to your overall state aid allowance.
How do I get involved?
Previous Greenshoots companies
Successful and acclaimed games funded through the programme include Warhammer 40,000 Freeblade by Pixel Toys, which was presented on stage at last year’s Apple iPhone 6S press conference, and Aaero by Mad Fellows, set to be released on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam early next year.
Aaero by Mad Fellows was funded by Greenshoots