Who we are
Creative England invests in and supports creative ideas, talent and businesses in film, TV, games and digital media. We aim to grow the brightest, the best, and those with the most promise so that individuals and businesses can achieve their full creative and commercial potential. We help identify future opportunities to grow the economy and generate jobs.
With offices in Salford, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Nottingham and Elstree Studios, we are a national agency with strong local and regional links.
What we do
- Grow talent and businesses
- Address market failure and raise ambition
- Build the right climate for creative industries to thrive
Why we do it
- They generate jobs, profile and value. They drive innovation. We can help raise their ambition further
- But some are under-capitalised and under-skilled. They need better access to mentoring, infrastructure, business planning, finance, markets, new ideas and wider networks. We help provide it
- And because there is a damaging inequality of access to these things between London and the rest of the country, talent is wasted, opportunities are lost. We believe London’s world position should benefit the whole country
How we do it
We don’t just invest money; we provide a ‘money plus’ service. We are building strong, long-term relationships with industry and our partners. We provide practical support for film and TV production; organise networking and events; provide mentoring, information and business advice. We connect and combine local knowledge with national and international reach.
- We help grow talent and businesses
- We help secure a sustainable infrastructure of support for creative companies outside London
- We identify new and expanding markets for creative content
- We promote the creative talent of the English regions to the world
- We champion the economic and cultural contribution of the creative industries
Find out more about us by reading about:
Access latest news, events & programme information by signing up to our newsletter on the right hand side of this page. If you have a question about Creative England, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org