We're excited to launch GamesLab Bootcamp, a free two-day event designed to give emerging games studios a better understanding of working with investors, acquiring funding and developing their business.
This event will take place at The Custard Factory in Birmingham and is open to new developers, small games companies and start-ups based in the West Midlands region. A host of industry experts will be on hand throughout the two-day Masterclass to take part in presentations, panels and one-to-one formal meetings with attendees.
Guests confirmed to attend include Standfast Interactive's Enda Carey, Jas Purewal of Purewal & Partners, The GameChanger's Dan Licari, Mike Hayes of Mercia Fund and Microsoft's Lee Stott. Creative England's Head of Games and Digital Media Jaspal Sohal will also be in attendance throughout the event.
To attend, game studios must meet the following criteria:
- Be an independent SME (not 25% owned by another company).
- Based in an eligible area (Shropshire, Staffordshire, Birmingham, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire).
- A company with genuine ambitions to release a game within the next 2 years.
- A company who has not received over £160,000 in state aid in the past 3 years.
- A company that has already started trading.
Freelancers and sole traders are also eligible to apply, as long as they can evidence:
- Already trading and working in the games industry.
- Trading out of one of the eligible West Midlands areas.
For more information and to book your tickets, head here.
To find out more about our various GamesLab programmes, head here.