We are increasingly living in a society that is digital-by-default; this is creating a strong need to develop digital skills and increase the digital capability of all for a digital economy. iAMDigital is a £1m fund which invests in new ventures and established organisations working to increase digital inclusion and digital skills in the UK, outside of London.
Applications are open until the 18th August 2017
iAMDigital has already made investments into:
- Turing Lab, an edtech organisation, developing software and teaching resources to
empower the next generation with digital skills
- Northcoders, a coding bootcamp, supporting people who are looking to launch a software engineering career in the North of England
- The fund is a partnership between Creative England and Nominet Trust
- We are offering interest-free loans or equity investments ranging from £50,000 to £200,000
- These investments will be matched 50% by the applicant company; for example, an investment request of £50,000 must be matched by £50,000 additional private funding.
iAMDigital will be investing in organisations that have a strong track record of delivering results and are seeking to scale their approach. Your organisation will:
- Have a social mission and be able to demonstrate your social impact
- Be tackling the main barriers limiting people's digital capabilities (lack of access, skills, confidence and motivation)
- Be developing the digital skills of young people and adults (particularly those who are most marginalised)
- Create digital content or have a creative angle to your offering
- Be an SME (start up, early stage or established)
- Have your major operations and beneficiaries in England, outside of Greater London.