Our customer service charter
Creative England is dedicated to unlocking the creative power of our country to drive national prosperity. We are a pioneering company which accelerates talent and ideas across tech, games, film and TV. We are proud to be able to do this with a team of less than 50 spread across the English regions. Therefore we must spread our people’s time fairly in order to support the many businesses and individuals who contact us.
Therefore our Charter sets out our commitment and the standards of service we aim to provide. It applies to everyone who has contact with Creative England, including:
- Members of the public
- Participants in Creative England events
- Potential customers, clients or associates
- Employees of Creative England
- Sponsors and Advertisers of Creative England / Creative England events
- Other organisations
We are committed to providing and maintaining a high quality service that satisfies customer enquiries by providing clear, consistent, accurate and prompt information. To achieve this, we’re introducing our customer charter so our employees know within what timescale they are expected to deliver to our customers and in turn our customers know what level of service they can expect when they make contact with Creative England.
Creative England will respond to all enquiries within reason. To make this happen we are asking our people to deliver the following key commitments and service standards.
The Creative England team is committed to maintaining a professional manner and;
- treating all customers fairly and with respect
- being courteous and helpful
- listening carefully
- providing clear, accurate and knowledgeable information
- responding to enquiries and requests promptly
- being transparent and accountable
- being sensitive to specific needs
- continuously striving to improve or exceed our service standards
Customer Service Principles
Our people will:
- Make it personal; we will be warm, helpful and approachable always
- Respond to all letters within 15 working days. If a full response cannot be given within that time a target date will be given for a full response
- Return phone calls as quickly as possible and any phone messages will be responded to promptly, wherever possible within 1 to 3 working days. A voicemail system may be used when the office is under resourced, when 1 of us is taking a well-deserved day(s) of leave, or when the offices may be closed over Christmas and bank holidays.
- Where phone calls are more complex, we will politely request to pause the conversation and arrange to call you back once we have the relevant information
- Acknowledge your email with 2 working days, either to answer the query or to inform you when a full response will be given. We will always aim to respond to emails in full within 5 working days but if we are unable to do so we will provide a target date for a full response.
- If one of us is unable to check our emails an out of office will be switched on which will include contact details for urgent enquiries and a date for when they will be able to reply.
- Aim to respond to all questions received through social media. Comments will be forwarded on to relevant colleagues, who will provide a response within 2 working days.
- Respect our customers’ personal dignity and confidentiality and meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Ensure that no one who is in contact with Creative England in any capacity will receive a less favourable response on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
- Consult with you, listen to your suggestions, comments and complaints and respond positively where appropriate to improve our services
- Share and learn from best practice in order to continually improve the service that we offer you.
You can help us by
- Respecting our people and other customers, clients or associates when using our services or attending our events. Creative England does not tolerate prejudicial, offensive behaviour or harassment of any kind.
- Providing us with all the information we need to help you
- Informing Creative England of any specific needs or requirements you have in relation to your enquiry or putting forward an enquiry
- Telling us how we can improve our services
- Asking us to explain anything you are not sure of
- Be patient; there may be times where resource is in demand and in order for us to be fair to all of you, we may need to call you back
- Understand that our funding guidelines and processes sit separately from our customer service charter timelines.